Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Here we go!

Well at 0530 Johnny called to make sure I was us as he was heading from the station to pick me up for our 100 mile trip the the airport. With the new snow only 3 days old the roads are super slick but we made it fine. Didnt have any troubles gettin his gear or my rifle checked in and he was off. At 1434 Johnny called from Kodiak after being picked up by Fred and his dog Lucky. Its all just a waiting game now! I think I am just as excited as he is I know I will be getting very little sleep for the till I get the next update. He will be flying into Fred's camp today and he will not be able to hunt untill 0300 tomorrow. I cant wait to hear his voice when I get the call about his bear. Talk about a lucky guy its his 1st guided hunt, 1st time to Kodiak, and his very very 1st bear!!!!

No comments: