Monday, October 20, 2008

10-11-08

Awoke to hard rain on the roof around 0800 since the light is jow commin in the window. Wind is hauling ass so I think we are going to eat bacon and egs and then go to the beach. Weather is calling for rain and growing winds but I do have my deer killers glassing with none spotted yet. 1100 hrs after some crackers and cheese the deer killers spotted three deer walking right along the beach of the lake where we were yesterday. After Johnny running to the cabin I handed him a rifle and off the boy went. Jason then reciving his and doing the same I grabbed my binos and Jasons camera and headed to the beach to look, after I hid in the trees and taking some bad video I atched the deer till I couldnt see them anymore. I came back and wrote a note to the boys and head to the beach with my rifle got a good seat and sat for 30-40 mins and returned to the cabin and began writing. I did spot Johnny and can now hear them....here they are now. After lunch of sandwichs we put Jay Miller's soup on to thaw and warm. We then took a hike to the east only to find that we cant cross the water to the other ridgeso back to camp to get the raft that was left here. Plans changed and Johnny decided we "needed" to go across to the point. Fucka Bunch Of That! I'll stay here! So off the boys went while I watched...they have more guts than I do for sure!. They made it to the point and then over to the rock slide and up the mtn they went. No sooner did they get to the top of one of the lil hills did we hear then see a float plane... could it be our lamp?! Nope! Fish & Feathers, see Jason they are everywhere! He was a very nice man, Alan who said he would try and stop by Kodiak Kamps and get a lamp out to us if he had to fly back our way. No sooner did he take off did the rain and fog roll in and Im talkin fast! The boys skirted the lake to the edge to our closest point and then tied off the raft and walked back to camp for hot Jay Miller Soup, garlic bread and hot apple cider spiked with rum and then Disaronno. Wind and rained howled for the rest of the night.

No comments: