Monday, October 20, 2008

10-12-08

Awoke to three otters in the lake and had pancakes and bacon be for the boys headed out to the point we found the first day and saw the deer yesterday. Lucky me I chose to stay behind with the dishes, laundry and this log as well as the cabins...Whooo hoo me right? Tried to call home but couldn't get signal on the sat phone....1130 hrs cabin cleaned, dishes done, soup moved, chili thawing, wood moved, remade bed so that maybe Johnny and I will be more comfy, hot chocolate going I think its time for a nap! Deer stumped us again and the boys returned to hot Jay Miller soup and grilled ham and cheese. Set off to explore east beach to the rock face on the farthest point of he beach. Amazing views, I wish I would have brought my big camera, but shorty's is much lighter and waterproof! Jason found a waterfall that was so pretty I hope the pics come out well. Amazing to see all the trash that has made it into the treeline from the ocean t.v. parts, tons of joy dish soap bottles, plastic bottles, buoys, lighters just tons and tons of trash! Its also crazy to see how the ocean has tossed HUGE trees that I can not even put my arms around 200 yards up the beach into the trees and how boulders have been tossed on top of them. Or how the logs are perfectly round from all the beating on the rocks and the rocks that are stuck into the logs. Johnny being the goat he is just hopping all around all the rocks faces impresses Jason and I. Crazy to see the boys walking among the devils club as its above my head and every now and then above even Jason 6'2" head. Jason says that you better not ever make anyone mad around here or you could get a stalk of it to the face! Trust me it would flat fuck your day up! Even the leaves of the damn plant have thorns! I sure hope we get something soon will be great to see Jason get his first black tail! Had chili for dinner and all was well until I broke the handle to the winder lamp! Good thing I remembered the super glue! O almost forgot after walking on the beach of the lake and not spotting any deer we went to the beach of the ocean for an amazing sunset! Johnny glassed the beach finding Jason's first bear! We watched him as he played and played on one of the many logs among the rocks and beach. Ooofta writing in two logs I forget what I have or have not put in each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tag your it!

I have nominated you for a friendship award.

Visit my blog to find out about it.